Intestate Administration

Who May File an Application to Determine Heirship in Texas?

March 11, 2015

When an individual dies without a Will, a procedure called a Determination of Heirship proceeding can be filed establish the deceased individual’s rightful heirs. An application to determine heirship may be filed by any of the following people: The “qualified personal representative of the estate” in cases where there has been no administration of an […]

Read the full article →

How Do I Settle the Estate of a
Person Who Dies Without a Will in Texas?

December 4, 2013

There are several methods of settling an estate of someone who dies without a valid will in Texas: Small Estate Affidavit A small estate affidavit can be used when the value of a decedent’s estate is $50,000 or less, not counting the value of a homestead and other exempt property, and the total assets exceed […]

Read the full article →

How is a Personal Representative of an Estate Appointed?

August 30, 2010

There are three ways in which a personal representative of an estate is appointed: A personal representative can be appointed by a will of a testator, who designates one or more people to serve as Executor. The beneficiaries under  a will can choose someone as personal representative if the decedent died intestate (without a valid […]

Read the full article →

Read about Rania's law firm in...